Start a new topic

Howto export complete Database and limit table entries to 100

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hey Guys, first, i like the DbVisExport function, but is there any workaround to Export a complete Database and limit table entries to 100?! Thank you Guys and sorry for "this" Englisch!

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Howto export complete Database and limit table entries to 100
Hi, There is no option to limit number of rows for the export schema feature. A workaround is that you export the DDL(s) only using the schema export and then use the @export client side command to export the data for each table. The @export command in combination with the "@set maxrows" should do it. Read more about @export in: http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/doc/8.0/doc/ug/sqlCommander/sqlCommander.html#mozTocId448386 I will register a ticket that we should add an option in the schema export feature to limit number of exported rows. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, thanks a lot for this hint! but am I doing something wrong with this syntax: @set maxrows 10; @export on; @export set filename="C:\tmp\my_db1\${dbvis-object}$" format="sql"; select * from account; select * from branch; select * from business; this does not limit rows to 10!

Hi, The "@set maxrows nn" is (was) supposed to replace the old parameter "rowcount" parameter for the "@export set" command. This doesn't seem to work... I'll register a ticket that we shall look into it. Meanwhile, please try the following: @export on; @export set filename="C:\tmp\my_db1\${dbvis-object}$" format="sql" rowcount="10"; select * from account; select * from branch; select * from business; Best Regards Roger

Hi, Just to inform you that @set maxrows nn now works in the new 8.0.11 version. Regards Roger