Start a new topic

New to DbVis

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello there, How can i turn off the Max Row detault to 1000. i mean i want DbVis to return all the rows in my table when i click on the data tab. Also I want toknow is there some settings which will allow me to see the primary keys indicated in the left hand side.i mean when i open the table in the tree view,it shows me the col names but does not show which of the cols are pk and fk. for e.g. if you see SSMS,when you browse open the table it shows you the PKs and FKs. ihave attached the screenshot of SSRS. cheers Zolf

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Re: New to DbVis
Zolf, Please check the attached screenshots how to set Max Rows. Browsing primary/foreign keys for each table in the objects tree is currently not possible. I'll register this as a RFE. Thanks! Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, Thanks for your comment. What you mentioned is to set it manually and some of my tables have more then 100,000 records,so do i need to enter this number everytime.i want to be able to disable this feature to anly allow specific number of rows to be returned.is there is the settings to be able to disable it. also i can have a situation that i dont know how much row the table has,for e.g. i might enter 1,000,000 but then i might have more then the typed number,so i will miss those rows.hope i made myself clear.by the way thanks for registrating that PK,FK feature in next version. it wil be helpful. cheers Zolf

Zolf, To handle an unlimited number of rows enter 0. *Note* however that this is not recommended since it may result in out of memory situations. If you would like to fetch all rows in a million row table then I suggest you export it using the Export Table feature (available in the licensed DbVisualizer Personal edition). Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, thanks.by the way i have a licence copy of DbVis and want to know were do lic copy users ask their questions. cheers Zolf

Roger, do i need to enter that 0 in the Menu Tools -> Tools Properties --Table Data -- Max Rows at first display. i entered 0 therebut it shows me 10000 by default not all rows

Zolf, If you enter 0 in Max Rows at First Display it means the setting is ignored. Regards Roger

Roger, thanks.