Start a new topic

Bug: SQL formatting and variable values

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I am using variables in a sql statement. The default value contains spaces and sql keywords like "with" and "and". If I format the sql, the "keywords" in my text are changed an the line break is wrong. Statment before formatting: INSERT INTO MYSCHEMA.MYTABLE (ID, TEXT) VALUES ($$ID||1001||BigDecimal||pk ds=22 dt=NUMERIC$$, $$ART||My text with spaces and sql keywords.|| String|| nullable ds=255 dt=VARCHAR$$) Statement after formatting: (line width:90) INSERT INTO MYSCHEMA.MYTABLE ( ID, TEXT ) VALUES ( $$ID||1001||BigDecimal||pk ds=22 dt=NUMERIC$$, $$ART||My text WITH spaces AND SQL keywords.|| String|| nullable ds=255 dt=VARCHAR$$ ) The "sql keywords" were changed and a line break and spaces were added: 'My text WITH spaces AND SQL keywords.'

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Bug: SQL formatting and variable values
Hi Michael, Thanks for reporting this. It is clearly a bug and I will open a ticket for it. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Bug: SQL formatting and variable values
Hi Michael, Just wanted to let you know that this is now fixed in the just released DbVisualizer 8.0.12. Best Regards, Hans