Start a new topic

Order fields in a primery key

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi DBV 8.0.1 Why the order of fields in primary key not supported when export data? In the Object View in Primary key tab I can see key_seq column, that is a order of fields in key. But why this order (key_seq) not support when export data? Edited by: bunak on 05.12.2011 21:45

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Order fields in a primery key
Hi, Are you asking why the order of the primary keys in the CREATE TABLE statement does not match the key_seq order you see in the Primary Key tab? It should, so if this is not true for you, please provide some more information: which database and driver are you using, and the CREATE TABLE statement you used to create the table and the CREATE TABLE statement generated by Export. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Yes, the CREATE TABLE statement does not match the key_seq order you see in the Primary Key tab I use TransBase Database and tb-jdbc driver is used. For create table I use the standard function of DBV export Table..., then choose sql format.

Hi, Thanks for the clarification. This means you are using the "Generic" Database Type and I see in the code that in that case, the primary key order for the generated statement is not preserved. I will open a ticket for this. Thanks for reporting it. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Yes. Database type is "Generic".

Hi, This is now fixed in the 8.0.7 version. Regards Roger

Thank

Very Good Your update can export CREATE INDEX statement, in old version 8.0.1 the CREATE INDEX statement not working Thank

Hi Bunak, Can you please clarify: are you just confirming that a previous problem with CREATE INDEX in 8.0.1 is now fixed in 8.0.7, or are you reporting a new problem in 8.0.7? Best Regards, Hans

HI Problem is solved in new 8.0.7 All is OK