Start a new topic

Query Builder not available

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi there, Can DbVis create the query builder from a sql query. the reason is that i created a complex sql query from query builder and i saved the query.now when i open the saved query,i dont see the query builder of it anymore.please help. cheers Zolf

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Query Builder not available
Zolf, What do you mean with that you "don't see the query builder of it anymore"? Do you mean that the Query Builder will not properly reverse the SQL into the query builder? If so, do you get any error? Regards Roger

Hi Zolf, If I understand the question correctly, the answer is that you can load the saved query from the SQL Editor to the Query Builder to see the graphical view again. Please see the Users Guide for details: http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/doc/main/doc/ug/queryBuilder/queryBuilder.html#mozTocId32481 Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Hans, this feature of DbVis needs upgrade,i can easily do this with MSSQL 205,no matter what the query is.Hope to see this feature in the future release of DbVis. It would also be nice if DbVis could generate the sql query which a user creates using the nagivator feature.I must say the navigator feature is very nice and helpful for me as DBA. cheers Zolf The query I was running is belwow. Query Builder could not generate the graphical view for it. SELECT dbo.DeliveryOrderDetail.productId, dbo.Receipt.receiptDate, dbo.SaleDetail.quantity, ( SELECT TOP 1 dbo.SalesPricing.price FROM dbo.SalesPricing WHERE dbo.SalesPricing.finishProductId = dbo.FinishProduct.id AND dbo.SalesPricing.[DATE] = '2011-09-23' AND dbo.Receipt.receiptDate

Hi Zaj, There are limitations on the type of SELECT statement supported by the Query Builder, see the Users Guide for details: http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/doc/main/doc/ug/queryBuilder/queryBuilder.html#mozTocId433471 A query that you build with the Query Builder and then save in a file should, however, always be possible to reload back into the Query Builder, as I described in the previous post. The example query in your post contains constructs and keywords that are not supported in the Query Builder, e.g. subqueries and the TOP keyword. We have adding support for subqueries on our feature request list and I will add your vote for this feature. At this point, it does not have high priority because very few of our customers have asked for it. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hans, Thanks for your feedback. cheers zaj