Start a new topic

Changing schema on SQL Editor on Sybase + Autocompletion

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, I have problems with some Sybase databases. If 'schema' is not 'dbo' autocompletion doesn't work. The problem is that it's impossible to change the schema to 'dbo' becasue the combo box is disabled. However, there is a workaround, if you select a table->right click->Script Object to SQL editor then the schema is changed to 'dbo', so the autocompletion works again. If doing that the schema changes, it'd be fine to be able to change it without doing that trick. Product: DbVisualizer Personal 8.0.7 Build: #1743 (2011/12/22 14:30) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Version: 1.6.0_10 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Linux OS Arch: amd64 OS Version: 3.1.5-6.fc16.x86_64 Current profile: sybase-ase Current facade: sybase-ase Adaptive Server Enterprise Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.0.3/EBF 17770 ESD#4/P/x86_64/Enterprise Linux/ase1503/2768/64-bit/FBO/Thu Aug 26 09:54:27 2010 jConnect (TM) for JDBC (TM) jConnect (TM) for JDBC(TM)/6.05(Build 26564)/P/EBF16903/JDK14/Sun May 31 1:05:35 2009

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Changing schema on SQL Editor on Sybase + Autocompletion
Hi Eduardo, I have verified that there is a problem when using the jConnect driver, but it works as it should when using the bundled jTDS driver. Please use the jTDS driver until we have analyzed what is causing the fault behavior with the jConnect driver. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Yes, it works with JTds driver, but since autocompletion doesn't work with schema != 'dbo', it'd be fine to be able to set the schema as a 'connection property' so you don't have to change it everytime you open a SQL editor.

Eduardo, We will look into this. For the disabled Schema list, I suggest you upgrade jConnect to version 7.0 as that problem is solved by latter versions of the driver. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Yes, it works with jconn4 although is more comfortable using jTds because it shows me only two schemas mine and a blank schema which is how autocompletion works for me. Thank you.

Eduardo, The auto completion issue is now fixed in the 8.0.8 version. http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/download/ Regards Roger