Start a new topic

All my connections have disappeared

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, Yesterday I used DbVisualizer as usual, without any problem. Today I open it, and surprise!, all my connections have disappeared. The New Connection Wizard is displayed. I had about 20 connections defined... now 0. It's the first time I encounter a serious problem with DbVisualizer. Looking at .dbvis\config70\dbvis.xml, I only find the General and Drivers sections. The Databases section is empty. Idem for the dbvis.xml.bak file.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: All my connections have disappeared
Hi, Sorry for not being more specific. The latest beta update include various fixes to minimize the risk of loosing settings in the future. It will unfortunately not restore your already lost settings. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I was sorry to discover that I too was the subject of this problem yesterday on 9.0.6 when I tried to do a demo!!! Not a happy camper!
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Sean, I am really sorry to hear the settings are gone... Even though it will not help you now (other than the previous steps explained in this thread), the latest 9.0.8 version address this issue and hopefully it will not happen again. http://www.dbvis.com/download Regards Roger