Start a new topic

only outgoing references

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

If I show the dependencies of all tables, I see both the incoming and outgoing dependencies of each table. If I select only one table, I only see outgoing dependencies (e.g. this table has fields referencing other tables). I really also would like to see all tables that refer to this table. Is that possible?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: only outgoing references
Hi, It is not addressed in the 9.2 version. As soon as it is, we will reply to this thread. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Has this been addressed in 9.2? I'm thinking about upgrading from 9.1 but would like to make sure this functionality was added.

Hi, Currently the only way to show all references for a single table is by the procedure I just posted. We do have on the future list to optimize this. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, I know about the possibility that you described, but I was referring to a single table references. Apparently this functionality does not currently exists, but it would make perfect sense to have a third option ("Both") in that reference drop-down and have a combined, incoming and outgoing, view. Please consider adding this feature in the future.

Hi, Open the Tables object in the Databases list and in the right object view tab click References. If not already checked, click the third toolbar button from the left "Show/Hide the graph controls". The preferences panel is displayed next to the graph. Now select "Specified Tables" and select the actual table in the list. The graph will now show all in/out references for that table (or multiple tables). Regards Roger

It would be extremely useful to display both incoming and outgoing references in one view. How to accomplish that?

Hi Tom, At the bottom of the References tab for a single table, you have two other tabs: Imported Keys and Exported Keys. Select the Exported Keys tab to see other tables referencing the selected table. Best Regards, Hans