Start a new topic

Mouse selection no working fully in LinuxMint

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I am finding that when i try and click on certain dropdown menus the mouse selection is not working. the main one i use in the configure filter menu.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Mouse selection no working fully in LinuxMint
James, You say this happen to certain drop down menus, can you give an example for which menus it works and those that don't? What Java version are you using? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

java version "1.6.0_26" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode)

James, Sorry for the delay. I had to install Linux Mint. After installation I download DbVisualizer and run it using the Java version (same as you) provided with the Linux distro. I've been testing DbVisualizer for a while and cannot see any noticeable problems. What menus do you have problem with? A screenshot would be great to better understand. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Have the exact same issue on Fedora 17 with MATE (Gnome 2 replacement also present in Mint). Basically minimum Fedora 17 install with MATE installed from RPM afterwards. Tried it with DbVis 5.1.1, 7.0.8 and 8.0.10, and they all have the exact same issue. Have you tested Mint with MATE or a different environment? Please help! Edited by: Bojan Jovanovic on Sep 12, 2012 9:38 PM

PS It is also intermittent. About 30% of times I start dbvis, it works fine. If it works fine initially, it will work as long as it is running. If it does not work, it will not work at all as long as it is running.

Bojan, Just tried DbVisualizer 8.0.10 with a standard installation of Mint 13 (the MATE edition) and Java 1.6.0_24 and I cannot see any noticeable problems. Can you please clarify what issue(s) you experience and a step-by-step to reproduce? Regards Roger

Hello, I am having the same problem here. I am running Linux Mint 13 Maya under VMware player 5.0.0 build-812388 The problems I found are: 1) I cannot expand the sql query dialog box 2) If I right click on the procedures on the tree menu on the left, the menu is shown far away from the click. The behavior may change depending on how many elements in the tree are open. But this is a minor problem for me. let me know what else I can provide to fix the issues, Thank you Edited by: motta.lrd on Nov 7, 2012 12:47 PM

Hi, Just tried with Linux Mint using 8.0.11 and the latest 9.0 beta, still works without a flaw. Can you please post a screenshot that better highlight the problem? Regards Roger

Now it seems to be fixed, maybe was a java related or vmware related issue