Start a new topic

MySQL, Stored Procedure Editor

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I'm not sure if this is a bug, something that is working as designed or if this needs to be a feature request. Apologies if this post needs to be moved. This behavior has been seen in 6.5 and 8.0. When we view a stored procedure from a MySQL database, the stored procedure editor is missing the "DEFINER=..." part of the CREATE PROCEDURE clause. I can see that this part was returned in the "Create Procedure" column when doing the "SHOW CREATE PROCEDURE ..." query. Our DBA and engineering staff would love to be able to use the editor, but this piece being removed is causing some issues. Why does DbVisualizer strip this out? Can it be configured to leave the DEFINER in? Thanks in advance.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: MySQL, Stored Procedure Editor
Hi Josh, Thanks for reporting this. It is an omission on our part. I have opened a ticket to get it fixed. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thank you Hans. I look forward to seeing the fix!

Hi Josh, I have implemented a solution so it will be included in the next maintenance release. Best Regards, Hans

Josh, This is now fixed in the 8.0.8 version. http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/download/ Regards Roger