Start a new topic

Could not read XML file:

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

The dbvis.xml file is created, but not populated with anything. It is zero bytes in length upon the first installation. The first time the program is run, the error occurs. The file has no default information in it. It remains at zero bytes length regardless of what I do. Any adjustments or settings that I make, or any additions to databases or the drivers list are all lost. Every time the software is run, ALL settings must be done from scratch and the drivers list reset and repopulated. There is nothing saved at any time into the dbvis.xml file. The software is run under my credentials (in windows 7 pro), and full rights are granted in the user directory for access.. I would like to find out why this is happening, and what the solution is.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Could not read XML file:
I got my own answer. I deleted the dbvis.xml file. DbVisualizer created a new one on startup. I've reentered everything and it looks like it works now. The .dbvis directory may have been left over from a previous trial that resulted in this same error, and I never followed through with the eval, and I apparently did not remove the settings directories when the software was removed.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Lance, Great you found how to solve this. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

This fix worked for me also. Thank you!!!

Thanks a lot your idea worked fine. But can you describe the root cause for this problem.?Why i'm ask this means,in our environment all are using this DBVIS software ,no one encountered this problem.I only got this problem thats y i'm asking. Thanks in advance.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Rajkumar, It is very difficult to comment each individual case. What version of DbVisualizer are you using? Regards Roger