Start a new topic

Oracle user info not updated

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

While logged in to an Oracle 10g database using DbVis 8.0.8 I checked the Info tab for a particular user in the "DBA Views" section and noticed the default tablespace was incorrect, so I updated the default tablespace for that account. The "Reload" icon was disabled so I was unable to refresh the display. I clicked on the "Users" node showing the list of all users and the default tablespace for that user showed the new value, but when I switched back to the Info tab for that account the default tablespace still showed the old value and "Reload" was still unavailable. Only by logging out of the database, then back in was I able to get the Info tab to display the correct value.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Oracle user info not updated
Steve, For the view of a specific Tablespace (and for any right pane view with a Reload button that is disabled) you need to right-click in the objects tree and chose "Refresh Objects Tree". I agree that is is somewhat not very straight forward and will register a ticket for it. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks Roger. Just to clarify, it was a particular user account not a tablespace that I was looking at. I just couldn't understand why the "Reload" icon was disabled.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Steve, Ah sorry. For this view the same applies as in my previous post. Regards Roger