Start a new topic

Block comment /* */ odd behavior

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi .. I've been noticing this behavior, but haven't really had a chance to comlain, since it's not really a big deal... Still... :) If you have a big SQL statement (for the purpose of this post --- mine is 60 lines) .. So you select the statement and I press my hot key to do a block comment /* */ The block comments are installed, but the color of the SQL text does not change... Only when you scroll up so the opening block comment (/*) appears, the text then appears as commented. Please take a look when you can. Thanks

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Block comment /* */ odd behavior
Alex, The coloring behavior you experience is happening due to the way the syntax highlighter is currently implemented. It scans segments of the editor buffer for performance reasons and sometimes the visuals aren't fully up-to-date. We have a ticket registered for this. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Block comment /* */ odd behavior
Alex, Just to inform you that this is now fixed in the 8.0.10 version. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger