Start a new topic

Issues when exporting from Oracle database

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi All, I am trying to export from an Oracle database and am encountering a few issues when I then try to run the script on another Oracle database. Here are two rows from the export. CREATE TABLE POSTALLOCATION ( POSTCODE VARCHAR2 NOT NULL, LOCALITY VARCHAR2 NOT NULL, STATE VARCHAR2 NOT NULL, SYSTEMID VARCHAR2 NOT NULL, LASTUPLOADDATETIME TIMESTAMP(6) DEFAULT SYSDATE, COUNTRYCODE VARCHAR2 ); The first issue I am facing is that the create statement is incomplete - it does not include the lengths of the varchar2 columns. insert into POSTALLOCATION (POSTCODE, LOCALITY, STATE, SYSTEMID, LASTUPLOADDATETIME, COUNTRYCODE) values ('0872', 'PITJANTJATJARA HOMELANDS', 'NT', 'AUPOS', '2004-06-29 13:40:57', 'AU'); The next issue I am facing is that the timestamp does not work. Instead, I need to change every line to be like either of these (in which case it does work): TIMESTAMP '2004-06-29 13:40:57' to_timestamp('29-JUN-04 01.41.08.397000000 PM','DD-MON-RR HH.MI.SS.FF AM') Any advice is most appreciated! Rob :)

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Issues when exporting from Oracle database
With regards to the varchar2 columns, I tested this separately on a schema for which the user has rights (it has the "Default" marker against it) and against that table, varchar2 columns had lengths.. And when I tested against two other tables where the schema does not appear as "Default", the varchar2 columns do not have lengths...
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Robert, First, my apologies for the very late response. Travel and holidays got in the way. I have tested your example and what you describe happens when the Database Type for the connection is set to Generic as opposed to Oracle. With the Generic type, all information is retrieved using the JDBC metadata methods and the size information for VARCHAR2 columns is incorrectly ignored in this case. This bug will be fixed in the next maintenance release. The timestamp format is completely based on the Data Format settings in the Export dialog when using the Generic type, while they are adapted for the specific database when Database Type is set to another value. So, to get the correct export format, please change the Database Type to Oracle. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Robert, Just to inform you that this is now fixed in the 8.0.10 version. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger