Start a new topic

oracle grace period is ignored during login: ORA-28002: Wachtwoord verloopt

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, when logging in using sqlplus I get: ORA-28002: Wachtwoord verloopt binnen 5 dagen. when using dbvis 8.0.10 not a single warning/message is given. I had the idea that this was implemented a long time ago. Does a setting exist to make this message pop-up? thanks, Ronald.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: oracle grace period is ignored during login: ORA-28002: Wachtwoord verloopt
Hi Ronald, The JDBC driver for Oracle reports only when the password has expired. There are no warnings issued by the driver during the grace period. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Roger, are you sure? When logging on with Oracle SQLDeveloper I get a warning message popped-up that suggest there is a warning triggered. it would be very nice if dbvis would also give some reaction that tells the user to act. with kind regards, Ronald.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Ronald, We try to limit the use of proprietary driver logic in DbVisualizer and stay at the JDBC level. The Oracle JDBC driver include tons of features not part of the JDBC specification and there may be functionality there that handles notification of password that are due for expiration. I will register your request as a new ticket and we will look into it. Regards Roger