Start a new topic

DBvis 8.0.10 - DDL view omits DB2 tablespaces/hash/range

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I'm using DBVis 8.0.10 on Win7 using the jdbc driver for DB2 that comes with DBVis. I'm connecting to DB2 v9.7 on Linux, and many tables are both physically partitioned (distribute by hash) in addition to being range partitioned (partition by range) and are also compressed. When I show the DDL in the GUI of DBVis, it omits many of the DDL details. For example, the omissions include these: - the tablespace "in" clause detail (data tablespace, index tablespace, long tablespace), - the 'distribute by hash' information - the partition by range details (including all defined ranges) - the compression option (e.g. compression static , compression adaptive) - the data capture clause. Data-Studio (also jdbc application) shows all of the above characteristics. Is there some way to persuade DBVis to give more complete DDL output for a table ? It would also be nice if there was an option to include any indexes for the selected table in the DDL output . Is this a feature request or a bug ?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: DBvis 8.0.10 - DDL view omits DB2 tablespaces/hash/range
Hi Mike, Thanks for the suggestion. Since DbVisualizer supports so many different databases, the DDL generation is primarily focused on the basics that is common between all databases, but we have added support for database specific clauses for some databases. I have opened a ticket for the additions you suggest. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Is there any update on this request, for v9.x ? For large enterprise warehouse/BI environments, the ability to use dbvis to quickly see at-a-glance the distribution-column(s) and distribution-groups (for tables that are physically distributed over multiple machines) is essential, as is a full DDL (including the range partitions). I'm happy to help with the relevant queries if needed.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Mike, There are no updates at this time. I'll add your vote for it. Regards Roger