Start a new topic

Including Views with diagrams?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Is there any way to include views along with tables when viewing the table structure of a schema graphically? If not - I can't tell you how useful this would be. Doing it by manually SUCKS. Currently, my schema has 6 tables, but it also has 12 views, which is where most of the "action" is. It would be really great to diagram them with the table dependencies - esp. if they were in a different colour so you could see that they are views. Extending the idea (although I don't really need this at the moment, someone else might), having the option to include sequences (in another colour) might be helpful too.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Including Views with diagrams?
Hi Joe, We have this on our todo list. I've added your vote for it. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I would also vote for that feature - although I would like to have an option for a *complete* -ddl view (not only the table, but the view(s), any MQT based on that table, all indexes, all low level details that are vendor specific (e.g. tablespaces, range-partitions, physical-partitioning (db2 dpf)) and any mdc information , compression etc etc). I also think such a feature should not be free,. Enterprise features are worth paying for, if the usability and accessibility are better than competitive offerings.

Mike, Am I right in that you are looking for a references-like graph of all details related to tables? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

No, I do not mean that. After re-reading, I think my post is not relevant to this thread (apologies). My post is only relevant for the 'Object View' --> DDL tab. (for which I'm requesting the maximum detail that the rdmbs can provide), it is not relevant for diagramming.

Mike, Ah, that make sense. I will register your request to extend the DB2 DDL generator. Regards Roger

That's great news. It will certainly inspire me to continue using the paid version (: Do you have an idea of when it will be implemented? This year? Next year early/mid/late? 2014? Unscheduled? Thanks, sw

Hi Joe, We are currently finalizing the next feature release, which will probably keep us busy the rest of this year. After the release, we will look at all feature requests and issues and prioritize what to do next. It is hard to say anything more right now. Best Regards, Hans