Start a new topic

Set data type not displayed correctly in MySQL

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

When using a column of data type SET as described here: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/set.html The query SELECT setColumn+0 AS BinaryFlag FROM someTable should return an integer data type. In the grid view it displays as a float. This is with Version 9 Mysql (Percona) 5.5

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Set data type not displayed correctly in MySQL
Hi Andrew, I can reproduce what you describe but I do not see on the page referred to any mention on that the result of "SET + 0" should be an INT. DbVisualizer goes on what the JDBC driver tells it about the result, and in this case, it apparently says that the data is a FLOAT (or DOUBLE in my testing). Sometimes we can work-around issues like this, but it may be hard in this case since it is a computed value: not sure we can distinguish it from a regular float value, or a computed value like "myFloatCol + 0". Please correct me if I'm wrong. Best Regards, Hans Edited by: Hans Bergsten on Dec 3, 2012 4:10 PM
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

It just doesn't make sense to talk about bitwise operators and floats. I know the table has a column header of "decimal" but the numbers in the column are the integer representation of the corresponding binary number. If this is an issue with the JDBC connector, then I can move it over there. Thanks for looking into this.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Andrew, I appreciate if you can bring this up with JDBC driver people and let us know what happens. Best Regards, Hans