Start a new topic

SQL History close window command

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.0 Build: #1902 (2012/11/30 15:08) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Version: 1.6.0_37 Java Vendor: Apple Inc. OS Name: Mac OS X OS Arch: x86_64 OS Version: 10.7.5 Steps to reproduce: 1) Open SQL History window from menu 2) Select a previously run SQL statement and use the context menu to open in SQL Commander 3) Press Cmd-W (presumably the close window command) At this point I would expect the SQL History window to close. Instead, the newly created SQL Commander tab closes. If I open the SQL History window and then immediately use Cmd-W nothing appears to happen.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: SQL History close window command
Steve, It sounds as if the main window had focus when you press Cmd+W. That will close the active top level tab (SQL Commander or Object View. There is no key binding connected with Close Window in the SQL History window. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

> {quote:title=Roger Bjarevall wrote:}{quote} > It sounds as if the main window had focus when you press Cmd+W. That will close the active top level tab (SQL Commander or Object View. It might sound like it, but that's not the case. ;-) I did some more testing and found that the problem is easiest to reproduce if there are no SQL Commander tabs open when you open the SQL History window. > There is no key binding connected with Close Window in the SQL History window. Which begs the question, why not? The Cmd+W combination closes the SQL History window in DbVisualizer 8, which is why I consider this behaviour to be a regression.

Steve, Just to inform you this will be fixed in next 9.0.3 version. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

That's great. Thanks.

Steve, This is now fixed in the latest 9.0.3 version. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger
[Attachment has been removed.]

> {quote:title=Roger Bjarevall wrote:}{quote} >This is now fixed in the latest 9.0.3 version. It's better, but not fixed. Here's what I do to reproduce the problem: 1) Starting with no open tabs, open the SQL History window. Arrange the windows so you can see both the main UI and the SQL History windows. 2) Double-click on any history entry to open the query in a SQL Commander window. What I see is that the query is opened in a SQL Commander tab, and focus appears to remain in the SQL History window based on the status of the window decorations (close button, etc.), although the currently selected query now has black-on-grey text rather than the normal white-on-blue for a selected query. 3) Issue the Cmd-W key combo. The SQL Commander tab closes, even though it does not appear to have focus. Pressing Cmd-W again does nothing. 4) Click the mouse on a history entry in the SQL History window. There is no apparent change of focus with regard to the window decorations, but the selected query has white-on-blue text. 5) Issue the Cmd-W key combo. Now, the SQL History window will close. It appears that double-clicking one of the history entries will pass focus to the newly opened SQL Commander tab, BUT the status of the close button and other window decorations are not updating correctly. Even stranger, I've noticed today that the appearance of the selected history entry is not always consistent. Sometimes it's the normal white-on-blue, at other times it's black-on-grey with a thin blue border (as if it's rendered the non-focused version over the focused version). See attached screenshots.

I almost forgot, here's my current system specs: Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.0.3 Build: #1916 (2013/01/26 17:47) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Version: 1.6.0_37 Java Vendor: Apple Inc. OS Name: Mac OS X OS Arch: x86_64 OS Version: 10.8.2

Steve, This is all related to the main window not being made active when loading a history entry in an editor. This was intentionally at first but after some thoughts we will change this in next version. Thanks again for your detailed post. Regards Roger

Steve, Just to inform you that this is now solved in 9.0.4. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger

Yes, that's better. It makes more sense to me having the focus passed back to the main window after double-clicking an item in the SQL History window. Thanks.