Start a new topic

Can not use Auto-Complete function on Mac

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

when press "ctrl + space" always call the Spotlight function of the OSX, can not use Auto-complete function.. And I can't change the key-binding.. Is this a bug? Or any suggestions for use the "Auto-Complete" function? Thanks. Vincent.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Can not use Auto-Complete function on Mac
Vincent, It is strange that Spotlight appear when Ctrl+Space. Standard mapping should be Cmd+Space. To change the key binding for Auto Completion in DbVisualizer open Tools->Tool Properties->General->Key Bindings. Select the Mac OS X keymap and Make a Copy of it. To change the key binding for auto completion, select Main Menu->SQL Commander and locate the Auto Completion entry and then manage the new key binding. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Thanks Roger When I use CMD+SPACE, that's will change my input. Now I see how to change the key binding, Thanks. But it's not working. I am sure that my key binding is active. When I use the new key binding "CMD+/" , it happens nothing.. Does that auto completion not support for Postgres? Here is my environment: Soft Version: My DVB version is 9.0 Free. OS: Mountain Lion JDK: 1.6.0_37 DB: Postgres Thanks. Vincent
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Vincent, Thanks for the screenshot. I am sorry but I should have asked earlier whether you are running DbVisualizer Pro which is required for auto completion. I see now you are using DbVisualizer Free. Auto completion is a feature only available in DbVisualizer Pro. Sign-up for a DbVisualizer Pro evaluation license in the following web page: http://www.dbvis.com/download/evaluate/ Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Ok... Thanks Roger for your patience. : ) Vincent. Edited by: Vincent on 2012-12-14 ??12:13