Start a new topic

error: 'invalid object identifier' in data & row count tab (since 8.0.12)

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

When opening a database and then selecting the 'Data' Tab for a Microsoft SQL Server DB (Microsoft JDBC Driver) I get an error: An error occurred while performing the operation: Ungültiger Objektname 'AIV_DE400_produktiv.AIV Produktiv$Item'. roughly translates to invalid object identifier 'AIV_DE400_produktiv.AIV Produktiv$Item'. This worked in 8.0.11 and started to fail in 8.0.12, still fails in 9.0 The 'Row count' tab responds with "Rows: N/A", most likely similar error. Other tabs like 'Columns', 'Indexes' etc work without problems. Running a query like "SELECT * FROM [AIV Produktiv$Item];" works fine and gives me the data I would have expected in the 'Data' Tab. Seems somebody made a change to the part where the SQL to fill the tab is generated. We need the [] around names here. Since it's a DB created by Microsoft Navision we have only limited influence on object names and other users should have similar problems under such circumstances. Anyway, while a bit ugly, it's still a fully qualified object identifier and I don't see why it should not work if handled properly (it did until recent versions)

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: error: 'invalid object identifier' in data & row count tab (since 8.0.12)
Thorsten, What database type is set in the connection tab for the database connection? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Database Type is "SQL Server" If that helps: All settings where imported from the previous version where they worked without problems. So no new settings. (And everything else I tested works so far, especially executing SQL on the same table). So basic connection to the database is no problem at all. Edited by: Thorsten Mueller on Dec 18, 2012 12:14 PM
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Thorsten, Object names should be quoted automatically for the Data and Row Count tabs. Can you please enable debug of DbVisualizer and open the Data tab? Enable debug in Tools->Debug Window (enable Debug DbVisualizer only). Email the debug output to support@dbvis.com. Do also email C:\Documents and Settings\\.dbvis\config70\dbvis.xml to support@dbvis.com Regards Roger