Start a new topic

macosx 9.0 - flashing sql commander (selected)text while running sql

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, I noticed that while running a SQL that is selected in the SQL commander, it flashes on screen. This is a bit annoying and reminds me of a dying laptop screen. The flashing goes away when de-selecting the text but it should not flash at all. I hope this can be fixed. Thanks, Ronald.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: macosx 9.0 - flashing sql commander (selected)text while running sql
Hi Ronald, We have verified that this is a problem with Java 6 on Mac OS X that is fixed with the latest Java 7 version. We do not currently support Java 7 on Mac OS X due to other problems but we will focus on this and will hopefully be able to support Java 7 also on Mac OS X soon. As a temporary work-around, please use another look and feel. Best Regards, Hans

Hi Ronald, I can reproduce it with the Mac OS X look and feel, but not with the others. As a work-around, please try using one of the Synthetica look and feels while we try to resolve this. Best Regards, Hans

Ronald, Thanks for the video! 9.0.1 was built before your first posting on this subject. We will look into it. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, it's also in 9.0.1 Ronald.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

video shows it better. I hope it works. It's not, filesize is too large. Here is a link (that will not last very long ....) https://www.dropbox.com/s/azk59ir1amrwioh/dbvisflashing_selected.mov I hope it helps.

Ronald, Can you please post a screenshot to better show the layout of the window? Regards Roger