Start a new topic

Where are the Connection properties in 9.0.x

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Ever since 9.0.x, I seem to have lost the ability to change the properties of an existing Connection. Of course, I could always create a new Connection if, for example, the username or password, needed to be changed but with earlier versions this was very simple to achieve.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Where are the Connection properties in 9.0.x
Andy, There should be no difference in how changes are saved in 9.0 compared to previous versions. If you are changing for example userid and connect, the old userid is still used? If you can provide some more details it would be great. Are you using 9.0.2? Regards Roger Edited by: Roger Bjarevall on 2012-dec-19 10:03
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Andy, If it is so that you cannot see the connection details at all then it is probably related to that in 9.0 you need to open the object view tab by double-click the database connection (and all other objects). Read more about the new handling of objects and tabs in 9.0: http://www.dbvis.com/forum/ann.jspa?annID=8 Please let me know if this helps. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Double-click the Connection did the trick. Thanks Roger