Start a new topic

convert DB, not export!

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello guys! It was a long time not being here! Congrats with new version! My question is: Is there any chance to convert for example Sybase SQL to MySQL? I mean not just export (making dump) and then import from created dumps, but make it with 1 only move/command? thanks!

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: convert DB, not export!
Hi Elias, There is no cross-database migration feature in DbVisualizer. What we currently can offer is the export schema/database feature in DbVisualizer and then you need to do some manual editing to adopt with the target database. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

But Roger, I cannot export whole DB, only table by table

Elias, Select the Database or Schema node in the Databases tab and right-click and chose Export Schema/Database. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Roger, there is no such menu when i right-click on DB or node. I have only EXPORT TABLE when i right-click on table, but not Database. could you show some picture please? thanks!

Hi Elias, Select a database or schema node (depending on database type) and look at the right-click menu. In your screenshot, you have selected a connection node. Best Regards, Hans
[Attachment has been removed.]

*Dear Hans!* I can be totally dumb, but export function exists only for tables, but not for databases I've tried several types of DB with the same result All i need to export whole structure from desired database. But seems to me your software does not have such a feature So I need to exports lots of tables one by one, than making MySQL structure and import there all data i collected ( 1 by 1 tables) It's pretty *complicated*. here are my screenshots.

Elias, You must set the Database Type in the Connection tab to either MySQL or Sybase ASE depending on what database you are accessing. Regards Roger