Start a new topic

Focus jumps from Floating window into Main window

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I am not sure what is going on here, but here is what i am observing... i have a floating window open with a few SQL tabs in it.. as I type in one of them and pause, in a few seconds the focus shifts into the currently open sql tab in a Main window... any thoughts? thanks!

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Focus jumps from Floating window into Main window
Super. Thanks! Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger -- just did --- works great! thank you

Alex, Have you had a chance trying the 9.2 beta version to verify if the problem is solved? http://www.dbvis.com/download/beta/ Regards Roger

Alex, We're starting the beta program for the upcoming feature version next week. As far as I can see the window is now (in the next version) displayed in front of the main window with Java 7. It would be great if you can give it a spin next week. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger You fixed it at some point, with some minor 'aftereffects' -- read post from Aug 21, 2014 11:59 AM Now, the popup hides behind the main window right away

Alex, "reintroduced"? It has not been fixed yet. Please clarify. Regards Roger

Just FYI --- the issue is reintroduced with 9.1.11 -- the popup hides behind the main window

Hi Alex, I doubt we will manage to fix this in 9.1.x. Chances are however good it will be fixed in 9.2 planned during the next months. Regards Roger

Hi. Will you be able to issue a fix for this java version?Thanks.

Hi Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.1.10 Build: #2295 (2014-08-08 18:38:31) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.7.0_55 Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS Name: Windows 7 OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 6.1

Hi Alex, What Java version are you using? I am able to reproduce the issue with Java 7 but not with Java 6 or Java 8. It seems to be a bug in Java 7 only. Regards Roger

Hi Ales, We will take a look at this. Regards Roger

Not sure whats happening... But after F2, the window does stay in the foreground, but when i click on the filer box, the cursor starts to blink in the main editor window... Only after i click inside the main editor window and back to the floating window, then i am able to use the filter box of the floating window.. This behavior is not observed when i right mouse click and choose Open in Floating Tab....

Alex, This is now fixed in the 9.1.10 version. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger

Hi Alex, Seems to be some problem specifically with Windows and floating windows opened with key bindings. This will be fixed in the next maintenance version. Regards Roger