Start a new topic

Error:Password encryption is required.

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

there are 2 server ,I can connect 1 server,but can't connect the other ,error massage as below .i can connect both them use other client (not dbvisualizer) Product: DbVisualizer Free 8.0.12 Build: #1776 (2012/11/27 10:13) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_37 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows Vista OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 6.0 An error occurred while establishing the connection: Long Message: Password encryption is required. Please check client version. Details:    Type: com.hp.t4jdbc.HPT4Exception    Error Code: -8837    SQL State: HY000

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Error:Password encryption is required.
Audrey, The connection message is produced by the JDBC driver/Database server. You need to verify the setup of the two environments as they differ somewhere. Also, the error message says the client version need to be checked. Check that you are using a compatible JDBC driver version with the system you are unable to connect. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Error:Password encryption is required.
I have resolved my issue , I change my hpt4jdbc.jar file to a new one ,and it works now ,thanks for your help and patience .