Start a new topic

Keyboard shortcuts in SQL Commander to go between matching brackets / brace

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi All, I'm not sure if this feature is hiding somewhere, but is there a keyboard shortcut (or any other way) to move between matching braces in the SQL editor in DbVisualizer? This is a common feature in code editors and I'm finding it hard to live without when working on large SQL queries. I've found the 'Extend selection to matching brace' option which is useful, but doesn't let me go from the last brace to the beginning of that group. Thanks, Shaun

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Keyboard shortcuts in SQL Commander to go between matching brackets / brace
Hi Shaun, There is no keyboard shortcut for this. I assume you have seen it, but the help you currently get in this area is that with the caret placed just to the left of the opening brace, the matching closing brace is highlighted (and vice versa). I've opened a ticket for adding "Insertion Point to Next/Previous Matching Brace" shortcuts. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Keyboard shortcuts in SQL Commander to go between matching brackets / brace
Shaun, Just to inform you this is now fixed in the just released 9.1.1 version. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger