Start a new topic

search object windows and ref cursor as grid output for stored procedure

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi First, If i entered ^+shift+space on editor object, search object popup is shown and locating objects by modal form It takes a lot of time to locate objects on oracle databse, Is there any way to avoid this like running in backgroud job after connecting database so user can use ^+shift+space immmediately? And I don't know why "search objects window" comes repeatedly even if "search object" finished couple hours ago? Second, I'd like to execute oracle stored procedure or stored fucntion which have ref cursor out parameter or return ref cursor and see the ref cursor's results as Grid like a normal select output? I found below link but i don't think it works http://www.dbvis.com/forum/thread.jspa?messageID=12018⻲ Thanks, Park

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: search object windows and ref cursor as grid output for stored procedure
Hi, Regarding your second question, assuming you are using DbVisualizer 9.0, you can use the Procedure Editor (or the @call command) to execute a stored procedure with a ref cursor OUT parameter, e.g. CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE "HANS"."TEST_REF_CURSOR" (p1 IN VARCHAR2, p2 OUT SYS_REFCURSOR) AS BEGIN OPEN p2 FOR SELECT * FROM countries WHERE country_id = p1; END; In the Procedure Editor, just click Execute. If you want to use the @call command in the SQL Commander, it looks like this for this test procedure: @call TEST_REF_CURSOR(${P1||(null)||String||nullable ds=0 dt=VARCHAR dir=in}$, ${P2||(null)||Cursor||nullable noshow ds=0 dt=N/A dir=out}$);

Hi, I will register a ticket for the first issue whereas it take long time to display located objects. Regards Roger

Park, Regarding the load time of objects as a result of "Show Object at Cursor": Next 9.0.3 version will show number of found entries in the progress window. This makes it easier to determine if the load can be interrupted and show the found objects. Regards Roger