Start a new topic

variable substitution problem

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

at the top of SQL program I have @echo ${lot||123456||noshow nobind}$; @export on; @export set CsvColumnDelimiter="," filename="c:\dbvisualizer sql\DOE_${lot}$_activity.csv";

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: variable substitution problem
Hi Chris, The variable in the filename parameter value is not replaced. Is that the problem you're seeing? In an SQL statement, the variable is replaced. Can you please clarify what kind of problem you see there? Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Yes, that is the problem when I do @echo ${lot||123456||noshow nobind}$; it should replace ${lot}$ with 123456 in this statememt : filename="c:\dbvisualizer sql\DOE_${lot}$_activity.csv"; should show up as filename="c:\dbvisualizer sql\DOE_123456_activity.csv"; and in the SQL program, it should replace ${lot}$ in and la.lot in ('${lot}$') should look like and la.lot in ('123456') etc etc
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Chris, Variables other than the DbVisualizer special variables (dbvis-object, etc) are currently not substituted in command parameter values. I'll open a ticket to look into changing that so that custom variables are also handled. But I'm still not clear on if you also have a problem with the variable in the SQL statement? In my tests, variables are always substituted in the SQL statement. Are you saying it isn't in your case? Best Regards, Hans