Start a new topic

Pasting multiple lines

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

When I paste more than one line from the clipboard into a corresponding number of grid cells, dbVis assigns one line per cell, but only if the clipboard content originated with dbVis. If the lines came from a text editor, dbVis copies all lines to all cells. I tried this with TextPad and Notepad. Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.0.3 Build: #1916 (2013/01/26 17:47) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.7.0_11 Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Pasting multiple lines
Matthias, Can you please share a screenshot to better illustrate the issue? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Roger, you can reproduce it this way (see images): Step 1: select 3 cells (vertically) Step 2: copy the 3 lines below and paste them onto the grid xxx yyy zzz Step 3: open the cell editor of either one. Thank you, Matthias

Matthias, In Tool Properties->General->Grid make sure the Row Delimiter is set to the default value UNIX/Linux/Mac OS X - LF. Press Apply and try again. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

The setting is "Windows - CR/LF".

Matthias, Try set it to UNIX/Linux/Mac OS X - LF Regards Roger

Roger, I had misunderstood your last remark. With the setting LF it woks. Thank you.