Start a new topic

PostgreSQL 9.2 - some dbvis features not working

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, I had to switch to PostgreSQL 9.2 in one project, and I noticed that some features are not working or messed up. The most eminent problems are: 1) The create table wizard seems to read nearly everything from the information schema and not only data types for the data type definition. 2) No more "Alter table" option (only Import/Export/Script Table and Create Index) in the Table view Present in dbvis 9.02 and 9.03 / with both driver the standard one (which can't fetch the data either) and 9.2 Thanks in advance, Michael

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: PostgreSQL 9.2 - some dbvis features not working
Michael, What is the setting of Database Type in the Connection tab? You say that the Create Table feature reads a lot of data. Can you be more specific what the issue is here? Having Database Type set to PostgreSQL in the Connection tab, Alter Table is there in my test. Please verify this setting. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, lightning fast response and you nailed it, connection type was set to 'generic', changing to postgres did the trick! Thanks, everything fine now, Michael
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Perfect! Regards Roger