Start a new topic

Cant create sql tabs in floating sql window

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Not sure if its intentional, but with 9.0.3 when I have a floating SQL window, I can no longer create a new SQL tab (Ctrl-T) in that floating window. Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.0.3 Build: #1916 (2013/01/26 17:47) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_33 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1 Edited by: AlexML on Jan 31, 2013 11:49 AM

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Cant create sql tabs in floating sql window
Great, thanks!
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Cant create sql tabs in floating sql window
Alex, While the floating window have focus only key bindings specific for that window are handled. Creating a new SQL Commander tab is an operation that is performed via the main window and so you must put focus there first. If you then want to organize the new tab next to the floating tab, just drag it to the window. The reason it worked in previous versions was that some key strokes in a floating window were erroneously processed by the main window. An example is Ctrl+W for closing of the floating tab which instead closed the active tab in the main window. I will however register a new ticket for adding a new "Create SQL Commander" action in the tab right-click menu with the associated key binding. Regards Roger