Start a new topic

is it possible to see the Query for Views Tables in DBvisualizer

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, I was able to see data for all Created Views in Database. But when I needed to know the Query which is being used for VIEWS, I could not find any option. is it possible to check VIEW'S Query in DBvisualizer.?? Thanks Ritesh

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: is it possible to see the Query for Views Tables in DBvisualizer
Hi Ritesh, I moved the thread from Beta to Support, since we are not currently running any Beta tests. Can you please clarify the question a bit? Which database are you using? Are you using DbVisualizer Free or Pro, and which version? Typically, there is a DDL tab for a View that shows the query the View represents. Are you saying you don't see a DDL tab for your views? Some screenshots may help to clarify as well. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Could it be that is is about how the queries behind the object tree are? There used to be a way to show the SQL that was behind the view, the view like written in the profile xml.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Hans, Thanks for your reply. I am using DBvisualizer free and connecting to DB2 Database. I am not able to find DDL tab for VIEWS. When I select any VIEW , I get below TABS. INFO, COLUMNS, DATA, ROW COUNT, PRIMARY KEY, INDEXES, GRANTS, ROW ID, REFERENCES. Could you please help me , how to get DDL Tab. Thanks.

Ritesh, In DbVisualizer Free there is only generic features for all databases. Browsing the DDL (and many other features) are available only in the DbVisualizer Pro edition. Check the following for an overview of the features in the two editions: http://www.dbvis.com/features/feature-list/ Give the Pro edition a try by signing up for an evaluation license: http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger

Ronald, Showing the underlying SQL is not possible from 9.0 other than enabling the debug mode of DbVisualizer. Regards Roger

Ah, thanks for the clarification Roger, I was about to find which key combination had to show it. Thanks, Ronald.