Start a new topic

easiest way to import/add custom profile reports/actions to the standard

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I am looking for a way to easily import/add very specific functionality to dbvis that is way too specific to enter in the regular products profile[s]. Is there currently a possibility to plug an own profile into an existing profile? For example, I have a few reports and actions for Oracle databases that I would like to put in a profile but don't want to include in the oracle.xml. Instead I would like to have a way to specify an Oracle.xml addition/plugin file that enables me to build my special objects tree in the main tree. Is that possible? What is the easiest way to do this, without making upgrades a headache? Thanks, Ronald.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: easiest way to import/add custom profile reports/actions to the standard
Ronald, We'll look at this for the next feature version. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks for making this add-custom created
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Jorge, The just released DbVisualizer 9.1 supports extending profiles. Please see the Users Guide for details: http://confluence.dbvis.com/display/UG91/Extending+an+existing+Database+Profile Best Regards, Hans