Start a new topic

Problems connecting to SQL Server 2000

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I had connected fine to both my SQL Server 2000 databases, but after rebooting my PC (WIN7 64) I've lost the connection to the remote DB. The message I get is: ------------------------- Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.0.3 Build: #1916 (2013/01/26 17:47) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Version: 1.7.0_07 Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS Name: Windows 7 OS Arch: amd64 OS Version: 6.1 An error occurred while establishing the connection: Long Message: Network error IOException: \\WTP3\pipe\sql\query (The specified account does not exist) Details: Type: java.sql.SQLException SQL State: 08S01 ------------------------- I am using the jTDS SQL Server Driver URL: jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://WTP3;DatabaseName=GRW;namedPipe=true I rebooted after some MS updates and a Java update. It's odd that I still have my connection to the Development server here in the office but not the remote Production server. Any suggestions on how to procede?
1 Comment

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Problems connecting to SQL Server 2000
Hi Roy, Sorry, but it is most likely something outside the DbVisualizer domain causing this. Please contact the DBA for the remove database to see if he/she can see what may be wrong. Best Regards, Hans