Start a new topic

Black tabs on OSX

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi all, I'm running DbVisualizer Free 9.0 4 on OSX 10.8.2, and if I leave DbVisualizer running for a while (particularly if my laptop is put to sleep and woken up again) then all tabs in DbVisualizer are rendered with a black background making the application hard to use (screenshot attached). Restarting the application fixes the problem. Any idea what I can do to fix this? Thanks, Joseph.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Black tabs on OSX
Hi Joseph, Which Java version are you using? Please look at what the Help->About dialog says, to make sure it's the Java version picked up by DbVisualizer. If it's Java 7, please downgrade to Java 6, as described here to see if that helps: http://www.dbvis.com/doc/faq/#6.4 Java 7 for Mac OS X still has some issues and we do not yet recommend using it for DbVisualizer. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Copied from the About dialog: Product: DbVisualizer Free 9.0.4 Build: #1920 (2013/02/19 10:16) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Version: 1.6.0_41 Java Vendor: Apple Inc. OS Name: Mac OS X OS Arch: x86_64 OS Version: 10.8.2

Joseph, While DbVisualizer is running do you then attach an external monitor and then when disconnecting it the black background effect is showing? The current workaround is to change look and feel to either Mac OS X or Metal. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, I have been doing that. My Look & Feel was Mac OSX but I've just changed it to Metal. I will check to see whether it happens again. Thanks for your help, Joseph.

Joseph, Just to inform you that this issue is fixed in the upcoming 9.1 version with Java 7 on Mac. The problem occur only with Java 6. Regards Roger