Start a new topic

Grid Editor no longer works ("single physical connection" removed

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

dbVisualizer Version = 9.x with Informix 10.x database with roles enabled at database As of dbVisualizer v9 "single physical connection" capability was removed. This means I can no longer use grid editor because I need to do a SET ROLE XXX" command in the Commander window before performing any UPDATES, INSERTS, etc. Each SQL command now makes its own connection with the unfortunate side effect that each SQL command reverts to default role permissions. Any way around this? Edited by: Jim Snodgrass on Mar 2, 2013 6:49 AM

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Grid Editor no longer works ("single physical connection" removed
Jim, In the Connection Properties there is an option to set connection hooks which is a SQL statement (delimit multiple SQLs with ";" or "go"). This is executed whenever a connection is made and for each SQL editors connection. Set the connect hook to the "SET ROLE xxx" command and it will be executed at connect. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Grid Editor no longer works ("single physical connection" removed
Thank you so much for your response. I guess I thought system would send me an email when there was a reply, so I never checked back here. I see that you answered my question very quickly. Thank you again. It worked like a charm.