Start a new topic

Problem with MDB file

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi @ all, I'm sorry that I need to open another topic regarding MDB files. I have already found severals suggestion on the forum but non of them has helped me. I tried to open a MDB file. Till now without access.Attached a screenshot of the actual settings. The Error message is in German. It says: "Filesourcename was not found, and standard driver was given/mentioned." But I'm absolut sure the the path is correct. And the driver should be installed too. What have I done wrong ? Thanks for every support. Best regards HolyAbsolut

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Problem with MDB file
Try connecting via odbc: URL: jdbc:odbc:YOUR_DSN_NAME In your odbc setup, choose Microsoft Access Driver, name the DSN connection. If your mdb is secured, specify the system (mdw) file and then provide credentials in the Authentication section of the dbVis connection hope this helps Edited by: AlexML on Mar 4, 2013 7:48 AM
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I have tried on your way and have added the the mdb file to Microsofts ODBC-Managment When I have add the file I have seen that there are many Driver for .mdb files installed. I have selected now v. 14.00.6015:1000. I have no Idea if this is correct. I have also changed the URL to your suggestion But now I get following Error message "The mentioned DSN shows a different driver and architecture" Best regards HolyAbsolut
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Maximilian, There seem to be an architecture mismatch in your environment. I did a quick Google for "The mentioned DSN shows a different driver and architecture". The first match is the following that might be useful: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/adodotnetdataproviders/thread/ef10d625-80d9-4666-b33e-d2f27fde9db5/ I hope this helps. Regards Roger

Dear Bjarevall, Thanks for your support. I will try on this way! Best regards & thanks HolyAbsolut