Start a new topic

Cell editor - Not able to update field

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi im am using the latest version of DBvisualizer 9.0.5 to update a field on my DB2 database. My field type is VARCHAR 2000 and is used to store predefined SQL statement. I tried to modified the field with any value on the cell editior and do CTRL + S but the field is updated to "nullable ds=2000 dt=VARCHAR". My friend has version 8.0.10 and it can be editable with any value. Can you please help. Thank you.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Cell editor - Not able to update field
Salim, What are your settings for the following in Tools->Tool Properties->General->Variables: Variable Identifier Prefix Variable Identifier Suffix Variable Delimiter Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, Variable Identifier Prefix: ${ Variable Identifier Suffix: }$ Variable Delimiter: || Regards, Salim

Salim, Thanks! Can you please enable debug of DbVisualizer in Tools->Debug Window (enable Debug DbVisualizer only). Then perform the edit and the final Save. Post the debug output here. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, I am updating the field with the text below and it is not working. COL1 || ' - ' || COL2 I guess it's the || that would make it crash.. Can I change the delimiter to another variable?

Salim, Yes that is probably it. Change it to %%%. Regards Roger

Thanks. it works. :)