Start a new topic

SQL Statements error becouse of the $$ variables and $$ Schema name

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Good evening I have just bought Db visualizer 9.0 and i'm quite a rookie using this software. I have a problem simply reading the data of a table in the "data" tab of the table object. I'm connectig to a DB2 iseries database. I have unfortunately some schemas that are named with $$ as the first two carachter........ (examples: $$Schema1 $$Schema2 etc) this cause an error reading the table using default sql statment . SELECT * FROM $$catalog$$$$catalogseparator$$$$schema$$$$schemaseparator$$$$table$$ Example: if the catlog is named as Catalog1 and schema is Schema1 and table is Table1 the error is like "An error occurred while executing the database request for: DB2 UDB for AS/400 05.04.0000 V5R4m0 AS/400 Toolbox for Java JDBC Driver 9.9 Short message: An error occurred while performing the operation: [SQL0204] $$Schema1$$SCHEMASEPARATOR$$$$TABLE$$ in Catalog1 di tipo *FILE non trovato. The command that caused the problem: SELECT * FROM Catalog1.$$Schema1$$schemaseparator$$$$table$$ Long Message: [SQL0204] $$Schema1$$SCHEMASEPARATOR$$$$TABLE$$ in Catalog1 di tipo *FILE non trovato. Details:    Type: java.sql.SQLException    Error Code: -204    SQL State: 42704 Is there any workaround???? I can't change schema name so i don't konw what to do..... Luca Marazzi

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: SQL Statements error becouse of the $$ variables and $$ Schema name
Luca, I am sorry but there seem to be a clash with the $$ used in your schema name(s). We will look into a solution and keep you posted. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: SQL Statements error becouse of the $$ variables and $$ Schema name
Luca, In The Connection tab make sure you are setting Database Type to "DB2 iSeries". Then in the Connection tab for the iSeries connection, select the "Delimited Identifiers" category and set the following: Begin Identifier = " End Identifier = " Press Apply and try again. Regards Roger