Start a new topic

Help with using variable with @export commands

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, I'm involved with a conversion from sybase to sql server and I am trying to script out the stored procedures to individual files. The problem that i'm having is trying to get the '@export' command to have a variable filename. Here is the sql script: @export on; -- cursor for stored procedure objects DECLARE a_cursor CURSOR FOR SELECT name FROM sysobjects where sysobjects.type = 'p' and name = 'pr_a100_sor_claims_by_age' FOR read only go OPEN a_cursor go -- Get first cursor row declare @proc varchar(30) FETCH a_cursor INTO @proc -- process cursor rows WHILE @@SQLSTATUS = 0 BEGIN -- export the ddl for the procedure * @export set filename="C:\citgwp\Junk\" + @proc + ".sql" format="sql";* * @ddl procedure=@proc drop="true";* -- Get next cursor row FETCH a_cursor INTO @proc END go -- cleanup cursor CLOSE a_cursor DEALLOCATE cursor a_cursor go @export off; The follwowing errors occur: *09:51:11 [-- - 0 row(s), 0.000 secs] The Filename is not set for the @export command* Thanks, Gary

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Help with using variable with @export commands
Hi Hans, That was the problem. I had '$$' and '$$' as the variable delimiters. They seemed to be the default since I'm sure i've never changed them before. However, I changed them to '${' and '}$' to match your documentation help file examples. It worked great. Problem solved. Thanks very much, Gary
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Gary, Sorry I had to remove your screenshot; it pushed the Reply button so far to the right that I couldn't reply. Your input looks fine. The problem is most likely that you have set the DbVisualizer variable delimiters to something other than ${ and }$ in Tool Properties. Either replace ${ and }$ with your delimiters when you use the dbvis-object variable or change the delimiters back to the default in Tool Properties. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Hans, Your suggestion is exactly what I want to do. Unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work. It creates one file called ${dbvis-object}$.sql with all the stored procs inside. I'm sure that i'm not understanding something. Here is the export dialog. [image removed] Thanks, Gary Edited by: Hans Bergsten on Mar 26, 2013 9:48 PM
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Gary, Sorry, you cannot use DbVisualizer client side commands like @export and @ddl within an SQL block like you try to do. To export all stored procedures to individual files, use the Export Schema feature and include ${dbvis-object}$ somewhere in the filename, e.g. "${dbvis-object}$.sql". ${dbvis-object}$ is then replaced with the name of each procedure during export. Best Regards, Hans