Start a new topic

DbVis 7.15 Does Not Run

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, I'm now working for a different company and they have licenses for 7.15, but when I installed it on a new laptop running the latest JAVA version and try to run it gives the following error: An internal error occurred in: java.lang.ClassCastException: javax.swing.KeyStroke cannot be cast to java.lang.Comparable The error may have affected the application state. Please notify vendor. Stack Trace: java.lang.ClassCastException: javax.swing.KeyStroke cannot be cast to java.lang.Comparable at java.util.TreeMap.compare(Unknown Source) at java.util.TreeMap.put(Unknown Source) at java.util.TreeSet.add(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.K.F.ā(Z:2731) at com.onseven.dbvis.V.A.H$B.(Z:3492) at com.onseven.dbvis.V.A.H.(Z:210) at com.onseven.dbvis.V.C.բ(Z:348) at com.onseven.dbvis.V.C.թ(Z:732) at com.onseven.dbvis.V.C.(Z:3052) at com.onseven.dbvis.V.F.ă(Z:3093) at com.onseven.dbvis.V.F.(Z:217) at com.onseven.dbvis.DbVisualizerGUI$2$1.ā(Z:1870) at se.pureit.swing.A.O$2.run(Z:1192) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) System Information: Product: DbVisualizer Free 7.1.5 Build: #1590 (2011/02/24 17:23) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.7.0_17 Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS Name: Windows 7 OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 6.1 Is it because it's incompatible with the JAVA 1.7? Is there anything we can do to fix it? I'm currently running the latest free version, but would sure like to be able to use the full feature set we have available on 7.1.5. I can't get it to open to let me put in the license key. Thanks, Jeff

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: DbVis 7.15 Does Not Run
Hi Jeff, Java 7 is supported with DbVisualizer 8 and later. You can either downgrade Java or upgrade DbVisualizer. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: DbVis 7.15 Does Not Run
Thanks, Hans. Looks like it will have to be the JAVA downgrade.