Start a new topic

No grants showing in MySQL?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

For some reason I see no grants at all under the "grants" tab for tables. Even if there is a grant that I can view throw manual SQL in the SQL commander view, it doesn't show up under the tab. Also, I was not able to find a way to issue grants through the GUI -- only a way to create and delete users in the DBA views section at the bottom. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place? Does anyone know if there is a grants editor somewhere? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: No grants showing in MySQL?
Hi, 1) There is currently no support for create, alter or dropping grants in DbVisualizer. 2) What is the name of the table your are looking at? (MySQL doesn't properly check table names that have been created in delimited identifiers and that may lead to nothing being shown). Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: No grants showing in MySQL?
Hi Roger, This was actually an assumption on my part. I thought database level privs would be also shown in the grant sections for tables, since DB privs apply to tables. However, the grants area is only for table grants -- I realize that now. Table-only grants show up fine here. In the future, would it be possible to list applicable DB level grants as a subsection of table grants as well? That way it is easy to know who has permission on both the table and DB level, when you open a table. Closing this issue, thanks. Edited by: eudiphon on Apr 26, 2013 6:43 AM