Start a new topic

postgres connection failure: extra_float_digits

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, Using DBVisualizer 9.0.6, I'm getting the following error when attempting to connect to a 9.2 postgres database. Do you have any ideas? Is there a DBVisualizer setting to ignore this error, or should we look at correcting something in postgres? Thanks! === An error occurred while establishing the connection: Long Message: ERROR: Unsupported startup parameter: extra_float_digits Details:    Type: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException    SQL State: 08P01

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: postgres connection failure: extra_float_digits
Bryan, We've never experienced that error earlier. I did a quick search and found the following that may help resolve: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.postgresql.pgbouncer.general/704 Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thank you for that. We'll give that a go and report back. Thanks for the extra google-fu.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

That was indeed the issue. Thanks again. I added ignore_startup_parameters = extra_float_digits to /etc/pgbouncer/pgbouncer.ini and restarted and it worked like a charm.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Bryan, Thanks for the update. Regards Roger