Start a new topic

TEXT datatype is not showing in select statement

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, I am using INFORMIX database version 11 and DBVisualizer version 8.0.8. When I run select query it fetches and returns all data except TEXT datatype.The column values are comming as null and I am seeing sql exception: BLOB not found error. I have tried searching forum but could not reach to any appropraite thread which can help me to resolve this issue. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Noopur

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: TEXT datatype is not showing in select statement
Hi, Thanks for reporting this. It looks like the Informix JDBC driver incorrectly reports that the TEXT data type corresponds to the Java LONGVARCHAR type, but it cannot be handled as a LONGVARCHAR. Instead it needs to be handled as a CLOB. We will take a closer look at this to see if we can work-around this problem. Which Informix driver version are you using? The easiest way to tell us is to copy the text from the Connection Message area in the connection's Object View tab after you have connected. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi Hans, Thank you for your prompt response. I am using Informix JDBC driver 3.50.JC5 . Please find attached sceenshot of connection message. Thanks, Noopur
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi there, any updates on my problem ?

It could be the same problem I had a few months ago. In that case 'Roger Bjärevall' from DbVisualizer Team came with the solution. My problem was: TEXT blob of 5531 bytes is returned as null in the Grid. Roger came with the solution: ---------------- Bert, I see in the log that you get the following error: java.sql.SQLException: Blob not found I Googled a bit and found the following: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21232363 And also: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/idshelp/v10/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.jdbc_pg.doc/jdbc201.htm The settings that are referred in the articles are handled in the Connection Properties and the Driver Properties pane in DbVisualizer. Does any of these help? Best Regards Roger ---------------- setting lobcache=-1 in the Connection Properties and the Driver Properties did the trick.

Hi Bert, Thanks for providing this tip. Hopefully it solves Noopur's problem as well. We will still look into this, because I also get an error when I try to save edited TEXT column data. Best Regards, Hans

Hi Noopur, Please try Bert's suggestion. We still have this ticket open. Best Regards, Hans

Hi Noopur, After looking at this again, I see that the problems I encountered were caused by an old driver (3.00.JC3). With the 3.50.JC5 driver that you use, everything seems to be working fine. Please let us know if you tried Bert's suggestion and if that resolved the issue. Best Regards, Hans

Hello Hans/Bert, Checking this post a little late. Thank you for the solution.It works!! Awesome!! Thanks,Noopur