Start a new topic

Find With Dialog behaviour

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, I'm not sure if this is a feature request, bug or me not understanding something. When using the Find With Dialog it does not retain previous search information after loading a new file. It seems to be context sensitive to the current sql commander tab. This is probably by design. The problem is when I am loading one file after another and want to do the same search. The search criteria has to be entered again in the find with dialog. It would be even nicer if it allowed me to load a file and let me press F3 to immediately search for the same string again. Is there a way to retain this search criteria? Note also that I have configured Find With Dialog as Ctrl+F in my key bindings as I prefer the find with dialog over the Find quick search. Thanks, Gary

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Find With Dialog behaviour
Hi, Thanks for the suggestion. We have a similar request about saving Find with Dialog settings, so I've added your suggestion details and your vote. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Find With Dialog behaviour
Thank you Hans, Gary