Start a new topic

Odd mouse click behaviour in results grid

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

After running a query I will often left-click on one of the cells in the result set and then right-click to display the popup menu. If I do this too fast, though, the application will both display the popup menu AND open the cell contents in a window. It looks like the left-click right-click combo is being interpreted incorrectly as a double-click. This only seems to happen with text cells (eg. VARCHAR), not numbers or dates. Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.0.6 Build: #1928 (2013/04/14 09:44) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Version: 1.6.0_45 Java Vendor: Apple Inc. OS Name: Mac OS X OS Arch: x86_64 OS Version: 10.8.3

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Odd mouse click behaviour in results grid
Steve, Since you're on Mac what sequences are you using when right-click? Ctrl+click, trackpad+two fingers, mouse? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

> {quote:title=Roger Bjarevall wrote:}{quote} > Since you're on Mac what sequences are you using when right-click? Ctrl+click, trackpad+two fingers, mouse? I'm using a USB mouse.

Steve, I am not able to reproduce. The cell viewer/editor is opened when double-click. There is one situation that may result in what you experience and that if holding ctrl while double-click in the cell. Based on your description it seem you are (single) right-click in the cell and then left-click in a fast sequence? Does it work better if you slow down the clicks? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

> {quote:title=Roger Bjarevall wrote:}{quote} > Based on your description it seem you are (single) right-click in the cell and then left-click in a fast sequence? Does it work better if you slow down the clicks? No, it's the other way around. Single left-click (which selects the desired cell) followed by single right-click. On receiving the right-click DbVisualizer displays the popup menu (which is correct) AND displays the cell viewer/editor (which is not correct). I've noticed that a double right-click on a previously selected cell has a similar result. The first right-click will display the popup menu, while the second displays the cell viewer/editor. I also tested a single right-click followed quickly by a left-click. The right-click displays the popup menu, while the left click dismisses the popup menu and displays the cell viewer/editor. I can reproduce these behaviours consistently.

Steve, Sorry I switched the left and right. We meant the same. We will fix the issue in an upcoming version. Thanks for reporting it. Regards Roger

> {quote:title=Roger Bjarevall wrote:}{quote} > ... > We will fix the issue in an upcoming version. > > Thanks for reporting it. That's great. Thanks.

Steve, This is now fixed in 9.0.7. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger