Start a new topic

Export reference diagram for all tables?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I am using java, and I need to make a report of whole database using DBVisualizer's reference diagram (exported and imported key). Is there a way for me to exports images for all tables in a database? Thanks

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Export reference diagram for all tables?
Hi, If you want to export one diagram with all tables, you can open the References tab for the Tables node and use right-click Export. If you want to export one diagram per table, you can open the References tab for each table node and do the same. There is no way to automate this via a script or similar, so you have to do it manually, if that is what you were asking about. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

There are over thousand of tables, and I need 2 images (export and import) per each table. Is there no other way other than manual export?
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi, Sorry, there is currently no other way to do this. We may look into adding a DbVisualizer client side command for generating and exporting the diagrams, but that is not something we have scheduled at the moment. For now, maybe you can consider creating one diagram with all tables instead. You can split it over multiple pages if you print it, and if you have a "PDF printer driver" installed, you can use Print to create a PDF file. Best Regards, Hans