Start a new topic

Generate Constraints in DB2

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

When I generate the DDL for SQL Server it adds the constraints to the end of the table creation script. It does not do this for DB2. I would think this is possible because SQuirrelSQL is able to do this. Are there any database specific settings that would force the DDL generation to include the table constraints? Thanks

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Generate Constraints in DB2
Hi Ken, Which type of DB2 database are you using (LUW, z/OS, iSeries) Which type of constraint is missing? Please make sure that you have set the Database Type for the connection to the corresponding DB2 type. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I am accessing DB2 on the iSeries using the jt400.jar. The connection is also very slow in comparison to other database editors that I've used.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi, The DDL generation is incomplete for databases that we do not have database specific support for, please see this page for which databases with database specific support: http://www.dbvis.com/doc/database-drivers/ DB2 on the iSeries is unfortunately not one of them, only DB on LUW. Best Regards, Hans