Start a new topic

close database connection fails to release lock

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I connect to a hsqldb embedded database using DbVisualizer. then I disconnect the database, and I try to connect to the same database from another software. here it fails because DbVisualizer is still locking the database. (if I exit the DbVisualize application, then the other software can access the database as expected) so, it seems that DbVisualizer does not completely close/release/unlock the connection when clicking on disconnect database. Is this a bug or am I missing something? Regards, David

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: close database connection fails to release lock
David, Open Connection Properties and select the "Connection Hooks" entry in the list. In "Run SQL at Disconnect" enter: SHUTDOWN Press Apply and try again. Regards Roger

David, Just to inform you that we've just launched the BETA testing of the next DbVisualizer version. In this version DbVisualizer automatically release any locks at disconnect. http://www.dbvis.com/download/beta/ Regards Roger

Hi David, DbVisualizer 9.1 has just been released with support for this. Best Regards, Hans